Saturday, December 13, 2008

Bōnenkai Time

Last night was my school's bonenkai. A Bonenkai 忘年会 is a year end party that most companies in Japan hold. It basically means "forgetting the previous year. I suppose it's a whole "out with the old, in with the new" sort of thing. We had our party in Osaka. Fukushima is an area close to Osaka Station and it's a neighborhood filled with trendy restaurants. Teachers and employees from the 4 branches of my school met at a nice Italian restaurant and hung out in a private lounge. Loads of food and even more booze...all free! Good times, but I was a little late on my way out the door and didn't make all of my trains. Luckily I was able to make it all the way back to Sannomiya Station in Kobe, but the Port Liner (train to Port Island where I live) was already shut down and I had to take a short, yet expensive taxi ride home.

The other day I was in a 7-11 buying my lunch and I noticed a new beer on the shelves. It's apparently the 120th anniversary of the Kirin Brewing Company and they've put out 2 news beers to commemorate the event. They've made both a Pilsner and a Lager. I review one in my latest YouTube vid.

In this vid I review the Pilsner.
Japanese Beer Review: Kirin Pilsner


Happy Bonenkai season to everyone out there. May your hangover be small!

1 comment:

Daichen said...

what??? You live in Port Island??? That's one of the 3 places I lived when I lived in Kobe! what a small ass world!