Saturday, March 28, 2009

Yakitori and an Osaka Hike

Tonight I tried my hand at making "yakitori" 焼き鳥, やきとり. Yakitori is basically Japanese grilled chicken on a skewer. I added green onion, onion and green pepper as well. I also added some yakitori sauce. Lately, I've been becoming more interested in cooking new kinds of food. I'm also curious about trying new varieties of food here in Japan. AND, for the strangest reason, i can't stop thinking about ramen noodles!


The uncooked yakitori. Prepared at "Chez Kevin."


The yakitori sauce I told you about. Purchased at my local Daiei supermarket.



The final product. Cooked yakitori as seen just before Mai and I destroyed it!


Yesterday was a great day for a hike. I hoped on the train and went to Osaka, where I met up with another You Tube vlogger. We bombed around Osaka Castle Park on bikes and then were off to Nijo-san (Mt. Nijo) for some hiking.

The Osaka Mountain Men...post-hike.


Here's my video about the hike.
Osaka Mountain Men

See the original here.

No comments: