Monday, March 23, 2009

Plane Crash in Tokyo

As I mentioned in my previous post, my wife and I returned from Busan, South Korea yesterday morning. As we approached Kansai International Airport we hit a lot of turbulence. It was a really windy and stormy day in Osaka and Kobe and our landing was a little hairy. I personally hate that part of any flight. Taking off; no problem. The flight itself; no problem. The final approach and landing, no matter how good the weather, a problem. It just scared the crap our of me every time. So, after that hairy landing and then our bus almost getting blown off the bridge that connects Kansai Airport Island to the mainland, I was really freaked out this morning when I turned on the television and saw this:

Japan cargo plane crashes



So, I've spent a few hours today editing some of the footage I took while in Busan.

One thing I've been interested in doing and now am, is making a series of videos about all of the great food I have the privilege to eat while living over here in Asia. My videos are about food from Japan, Korea, China, etc. They seem to be getting a very positive response. I suppose everyone likes eating!

Here's my first "Asia Eats" video from Korea.

Asia Eats: Kevin eats Bibimbap



I'll also be posting videos of my former band playing.

Oh yeah, apparently, while we were in rainy Busan for a few days, it was sunny and in the 20's (Celsius) here in Kobe!

No comments: