Sunday, January 25, 2009

Kobe City Marathon and Snow!

Wow! We actually had snow today. Snow in Kobe, Japan! It was a surprise, but not much longer after it fell, it was all gone. Of course, I was thankful for that since I ran a 10k road race this morning. I ran the Kobe City Marathon. It was held on Rokko Island and turned out to be a sunny and beautiful day.

To be honest, I haven't really been training this month. between my bout with Norovirus, vacation and laziness, I haven't been running as much as usual. I figured that my time would be slow today. I was gunning for a 55 minute fish, but was pleased with my 52 minute time. Last month I ran a 10k in under 50 minutes.

Next run on the books is the Port Island Half Marathon. That one is on February 8th. The awesome thing about that one is the fact that the start line is about a 10 minute walk from my apartment!


Outside my apartment at about 8am this morning. the snow didn't last long.


Another view of the snow on Port Island. Within 2 hours, it was sunny and warm and there was no snow to be found.

1 comment:

marlow said...

holy crap that's a lot of snow! it snows here a couple times a week in the mornings, but it usually all melts by the evening.