Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy Sake Weekend

It's been a little while since I've written something. It was my first full wek back at work since my nasty stomach virus. I'm finally feeling better and ready for the weekend.

This is a weekend dedicated to all things sake! Mai and I are going to visit the Nada Sake Brewery district of Kobe. Kobe has a long history of producing some of the best sake (Nihonshu 日本酒)in Japan. In the Nada area of Kobe (also the area where I take my Japanese class), there are several functional sake breweries that offer free tours and samples. I realize that most will be in Japanese only and I'll probably understand little, but the free sake samples at the end of each tour will make everything better. The Hakutsuru Sake Brewery is supposed to have most of it's information in English so I'll be looking forward to that one maybe more than others. We'll also be meeting our good friend and my fellow You Tube vlogger KansaiPJ. I'm sure we'll generate a lot of great footage from this little adventure!

So, long story short; going to drink some sake tomorrow and will make several vlogs about it. Be sure to check things out here. I'll definitely post them right here.

No comments: