Friday, January 9, 2009

Being Sick Sucks

Wednesday night after my Japanese class I was suddenly struck by some sort of stomach virus. After a very rocky night I had to experience a Japanese hospital for the first time yesterday morning. I'm on a lot of meds and not feeling very good at all. I'm missing another day of work and looks as if my long weekend plans are scrapped.

Hopefully I'll be able to get out on Monday and get some film footage of Seijin shiki 成人式 "Coming of Age" day in Japan. That's the reason for the long weekend. On that day 20 year olds around the country celebrate their passage into adulthood.

I came across this video today and thought it was pretty damn funny. I'll never have the lack of shame to be able to do this. Also, if I ever attempted anything like this, my wife would probably kill me!!

Dave Eastgate vs Scott Gregory - GAIJIN STREET SUMO

This was filmed in Dotonbori, in Osaka. See the original here.

No comments: