Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Week in Kobe

The week has come to an end and I'm relaxing at home enjoying the quiet life with my family. I tend to sit down and write my blogs or edit my vlogs once my son has gone to sleep for the night and the house is a little more mellow.

During the past week i've taken and posted many pictures to my Twitter. These are just a few I took with my iPhone.


I took this picture on Thursday evening on my way home from work. This was taken close to Kobe City Hall in Sannomiya.


I took this picture on Friday morning on my way to work in the morning. I got of the train close to my school and instead of walking along the main road, decided to zig zag through some smaller back streets (always more interesting in Japan).


A Korean restaurant in Sannomiya in Kobe, Japan. I ate at this place last year with my wife. The food was fairly decent as was the decor. The price was pretty high though!


I saw Tom and Jerry painted on an old wall close to an auto repair shop in Kobe earlier in the week.


I have worked a part time job on Saturdays for the past two years. This is a scene from JR Sannomiya Station platform this morning (Saturday) at 8:40ish in the morning.


Last night (Friday) I took a little time after work to wander around Sannomiya in downtown Kobe to capture some of the sights and sounds. I put together a video last night about what the city (at least this part) looks like on a Friday evening as people head home from work or head out for the night.

Friday Evening in Japan:


Follow me on Twitter: @jlandkev

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My wife Ryoko and I were in Kobe (her home city) for New Year. Back in England now but missing the place already!

Kaori said...

I really do enjoy your photos. Especially since Kobe is one of my favorite cities in Japan ;-D