Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sumo Time in Osaka

On Sunday I went to the Osaka Sumo Tournament. It was my first time seeing live sumo wrestling and I seriously plan to do it again next year. It was simply that fun. The crowd was energetic and since I know a little about sumo and am familiar with many of the top division wrestlers, had a lot of fun watching.

It was a little pricey at 5,400 yen for the second cheapest tickets, but even in the "nosebleed" section, I still was able to see everything easily.

If you are ever visiting Japan during one of the six annual sumo tournaments, I would completely suggest taking one in.


This is the video I made about my sumo experience in Osaka.




You can see the Estonian wrestler, Baruto. he is rising through the ranks and having a great tournament. Many people are hoping he will soon be promoted.


Here is the Grad Champion (Yokozuna) Hakuho. He is a Mongolian fighter.


Here is the Grad Champion (Yokozuna) Hakuho. He is a Mongolian fighter. This is him performing a ritual before the top division fighters began to wrestle.


These are the top division fighter. BIG boys!

No comments: