Sunday, January 17, 2010

15 Years After the Big One

Today was the 15th anniversary of the Great Hanshin Awaji Earthquake or the Kobe Earthquake. In 1995, the city of Kobe was flattened by a 6.8 magnitude earthquake.

Here is a short video I made today while visiting a photography exhibit about the disaster.




On a lighter note, I picked up a new pair of running shoes today. I have been battling an old tendon injury recently and hopefully new shoes with better cushioning might help. I am a loyal ASICS man and wear the Gel Kayano series since they offer the best foot support. I have low arches and these shoes are designed for folks like me.

Here is the brand new model in the Gel Kayano series. This is the Gel Kayano 16. I went for an 8 km run this evening in them and they felt great.

No comments: