Sunday, November 14, 2010

Controversy in Kobe: Japan Coast Guard and Leaked videos

It's certainly been a busy month for me and will only get busier leading up to the end of the semester for me. I have student progress reports to write, student portfolios to ad too, parent-teacher meetings and my school's Christmas show to get ready for. Luckily, as soon as all of that is complete, I'll have a nice long Christmas vacation.

I started running again last night. It was my first run since my marathon last week in osaka. That was a great day. I smashed my old personal record by almost 28 minutes, completing the Osaka Yodo River Citizen marathon in 3 hours and 59 minutes.

Last night I went for my first run since then and ran to the waterfront in KObe, Japan where I live. I often run past the Japan Coast Guard station that is now the center of a lot of controversy in Japan. A crewman from the Japan Coast Guard admited to being the individual who leaked the videos of the incident between a Chinese fishing trawler and Japan Coast Guard ships near the disputed Sengaku Islands. I pulled out my iPhone and made a little vlog when i saw the parking lot at the Coast Guard HQ filled with reporters waiting for something to happen.




Here's the latest news on the affair:
Coast Guard officer issues statement of apology

No comments: