Monday, February 16, 2009

Suntory whiskey and big boats

It's been a busy week. Valentine's Day and a trip he the Suntory Yamazaki Whiskey Distillery all on Saturday. Good stuff. The Yamazaki Distillery is a stones throw from Kyoto and was a great tour. Although in Japanese, I had an English translator device I could wear around my neck. I'm really not into whiskey too much, but it was cool to see how it's made and have a few drinks.



Earlier in the week we had a day off. Last Wednesday was National Foundation Day. Mai and I hung around in Sannomiya and then wandered to the waterfront in Kobe. There was a very cool tall ship called the Nippon Maru docked close to the Oriental Hotel. I love ships like this. Growing up in Louisbourg, Nova Scotia, we would often have tall ships come to our harbour during the summer. I often daydreamed about being a crew member on a ship like this.

Unless they let me wear a pirate hat, I don't think I'd be wiling to do it though!

No comments: