Sunday, February 22, 2009

That's an owl in the supermarket!

Weird thing just happened. I ran out to the supermarket with my wife to pick up some things for our lunches tomorrow. As we stood in line waiting at the checkout, a small commotion began. The woman in front of us in line started speaking to my wife. I was confused. Asked my wife what was going on and she pointed to the front of the store (close to us).

There, close to the checkouts was a man, maybe in his 50's, wearning rubber boots and holding an owl by the wings. A real owl. A live owl. He stood there for about 10 minutes and then walked away. He apparently had found it somewhere close by (injured I assume) and was waiting for the police to come. I'm sure the local police would have no idea what to do with it either!

Of course, this was about the only time in 6 months that I didn't have my camera with me. Normally i put it in my pocket every time I leave the house. Tonight I thought, "Nope, I don't need it." I wish I had brought it.

No comments: