As I look back at the year that was 2012, I want to reflect on the best and worst things about Japan, the country I have called home for the past 5 years. Today’s post will be the “10 Best” list while tomorrow’s will be the “10 Worst” list.
Message to all “hardcore” Japan fans out there…take these posts with a grain of salt!
1. Japanese food: It’s great. It’s really delicious!
2. Strong Yen (currency): At least in 2012 it was. That was good for me since I was paid in Yen!
3. Safe place to live: I know that every second joker isn’t carrying a gun!
4. SOOOO many weirdos: There really is a freaky amount of freaky people all over the place in Japanese cities. As a blogger and vlogger, that’s great for me! Free entertainment.
5. Beautiful women everywhere: I may be happily married, but I’m not dead!
6. Those beautiful women are “Pro Short Skirt”: Nuff said…
7. Smart phones still have unlimited data plans: Nuff said…
8. Treated well as a foreigner: As a Canadian living in Japan, I am treated quite well by most (sadly there are foreigners from many other countries who aren’t treated so well).
9. Fantastic history: Japan has a really fascinating history. I mean come on, these guys are the guys who brought us ninjas!!! That’s WAY cool!
10. Raising a family: As a parent in Japan, you have subsidized health care and good financial incentives and support from the government…for now.
Stay tuned tomorrow for my “10 Worst Things About Japan” list!
You can follow me on Twitter: @jlandkev